May I still apply for an H-1B visa even though my education was not completed in the U.S.?

Foreign degree holders qualify for H-1B visa status even if the degree is obtained from a foreign country so long it is the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s Degree. Credentials in a foreign language must be accompanied by certified English translations. Applicants are well-advised to obtain a written evaluation of their credentials, transcripts, diplomas and degrees from an approved Credential Evaluation Service for inclusion in their H-1B visa application package to the USCIS. Masters Degrees from a non-U.S. institution do not qualify for the additional 20,000 visas allotted to U.S. Masters Degree holders.

Disclaimer: The materials in Asonye & Associates web site have been prepared to permit visitors to our web site to learn more about the services we offer. These materials do not, and are not intended to, constitute legal advice. Neither transmission nor receipt of such materials will create an attorney-client relationship between the sender and receiver. Internet subscribers and online readers are advised not to take or refrain from taking any action based upon materials in this web site without consulting legal counsel. We do not undertake to update any materials in our Web Site to reflect subsequent legal or other developments.